Wednesday 8 July 2009

TV and life worthwhile

I decided to watch TV today, after a long long time away from it. This happened because I had done something again after a long break: I bought, and read, a Veja magazine. In it I learned about the series "Som e Fúria" which was due to begin today and I got curious.
Was it worth it?

Well, I learned a few things:
-TV Commercials are growing more hysterical - how is it even possible?!?!


-I truly hate Casseta e Planeta. Critical though they may be, the short programme bits squeezed between the long long - so long - commercials are so not funny!!!


-Jô Soares is still too much himself. No, this is not a fat joke. As a fat person myself, I would never perpetrate one. I mean that he still speaks much more than the interviewee.

-Daniel Boaventura has a really good voice, and even though it could do with a bit of personality,I think it might make a nice gift for my dad. (4)

-Smile was said to have been Michael Jackson's favourite song.(2) And it makes some sense if you check the lyrics.

"Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though its breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, youll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
Youll see the sun come shining through for you


Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
Thats the time you must keep on trying
Smile, whats the use of crying?
Youll find that life is still worthwhile"


But it got me thinking... According to Veja and The Sun (1), MJ was on a daily drug regime which included from muscle relaxants, sedatives and anti-depressants, among which Zoloft and Prozac. Was his life still worthwhile? I don't think so.

What about the initial motive for my TV time today, the series?
The series produced by Globo are among the few things worthwile on TV, in my opinion. About this one in particular, I like the fact that it set in a theatre and that Shakespeare is present in the. We, average Brazilians, are not familiar enough with the theatre. The TV on the other hand, is sovereign in our family routine. I also like the cast, which includes Pedro Paulo Rangel, Andréa Beltrão and Felipe Camargo (who seems amazingly serene in the role of Dante). Som e Fúria(3) is an adaptation of the Canadian "Slings and Arrows". I liked the first chapter, let's see how it develops. Let me know if you guys think it is worthwhile.


(1)http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2504175/Michael-Jacksons-daily-drugs-cocktail.html
(2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKiCN9gSUtM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf8AOgZB1jI
(3)http://somefuria.globo.com/
(4)http://www.songs4u.blogger.com.br/

1 comment:

RANGEL said...

Há algum tempo vc comentou no meu Orkut que tínahmos gostos semelhantes para TV. Realmente! inclusive na decisão de se afastar dela por um bom tempo! Eu não tenho TV em casa. Surpreendentemente não me tornei burro. Também não me senti mal por estar de fora das conversinhas e comentários sobre o BBB e outras baboseiras!
Por falta de tempo não acompanhei a "Som e Fúria".
Se você acha que Jô Soares fala mais do que os entrevistados, fique longe do monólogo dominical do Faustão!
Finalmente alguém que também odeia o Casseta e Planeta! Mas eles merecem um mérito: São melhores nas imitações dos falsos indianos da novela das oito!
Ah! os comerciais!
Onde está a criatividade???
Adorei o seu texto!
Beijo grande!
PS.: TÁ VALENDO A PROMOÇÃO DO CHOCOLATE?